| Posted in | Posted on Monday, March 02, 2015
I swore years ago I would never post a "Complex" or "Buzzfeed" type of list but when I saw drama brewing on my facebook feed over heavily discounted signature basketball shoes and talking to Mark we Legendary about it and the current state of the local market, I figured I might as well poke fun at everybody involved (minus the retailer/s where the stocks came from). Resellers trying to take advantage of the sale by scooping up items that stores can't even move, "online authority" getting mad at them for reselling GR shoes (read: You should only sell limited ones! LOL), and everything in between is funny.
The jig is up, yo.
Look at how ridiculously cheap these are!
Here are 9 things more expensive than your discounted Jordans.
1. This smartphone is a must to round up your "homies" and to map your "moves."
2. Of course you wanna look fly while you line up for hours. Full zip your hoodie to switch to incognito mode.
3. But leave your "heat" at home and wear this since you wanna be comfortable. Plus points if you wear socks.
4. Feed up to 10 of your hired squad. Resellers and their helpers gotta eat too!
5. This up yours is what it feels like a couple of hours into your quest to get in the venue.
6. You can sit on this when you get tired of waiting. Available at select "skate shops."
7. Don't forget to rest and freshen up after a long day queuing and shopping.
8. Feeling good from your steals (it's not how much you spent, it's how much you saved), you switch fits to go on a night out. You figured since you got so much swagu, you minus whale bless others with it. * VOMITS *
9. Complete your steez with your freshest pair of "quality" Air Jordans aka fugazzis. Who wears originals anyway when you can always flip them for profit? Forget about it!
* BONUS * uber trip from Nike Philippines to Nike Factory Store Subic.
Now the question is, do big discounts on signature shoes (read: major case of overstocking) decrease their value and appeal? Read the "Usage, Attitude and Image" study I did for a local Nike retailer about 10 years ago and you will find the answer.
I know it's online somewhere.
* First 3 photos courtesy of Raymond Soriano. Check out the rest his set HERE.